MARBLES Pupil’s Book includes a two-page Map of the Book and a six-page Welcome Unit.
Each of the eight ten-page main units contains:
- A topic and Vocabulary presentation and practice spread with video
- Two pages with presentation and practice of two Language points
- A Phonics page to present and practise a key sound through a chant and a song with video
- A page with engaging CLIL material related to the unit topic and a Value highlighted in the Act Smart! feature to develop aspects of Learning for life such as Global learning or Social and emotional learning (SEL).
- Odd-numbered units: These include a spread for skills practice – a page for Reading and a page for Listening and Speaking. The Listening and Speaking pages feature The Twins videos with While watching activities for both parts of the episode and a Let’s talk box highlighting functional language. The associated speaking task fosters collaboration.
- Even-numbered units: These include an episode of the Space Time Adventures story with animated video as well as comprehension and creative follow-up tasks.
- An Imagine, create and share page with step-by-step activities promoting imagination, creativity, collaboration and communication skills as pupils create their unit project
- A Review page for consolidation and self-assessment
The back of the book also includes:
- A Language reference section with language tables for each unit
- A full colour Picture dictionary
- Four pages for inspiring and recording the Imagine, create and share projects
on Helbling e-zone kids
- Online Practice
Helbling Media App